New Zealand’s only Open Top Double Decker City Tour!
Join us on our classic 1960’s London Open Top Double Decker buses for a fun and informative tour of Christchurch. Learn about Christchurch’s fascinating history from the pioneering days through to modern day times and learn how Christchurch is recovering from the devastating February 22 earthquake which has now become a major event in New Zealand’s history.
On tour we will view some of the areas affected by the earthquakes, see how Christchurch is preserving some of its iconic heritage buildings and hear about the exciting vision to rebuild and restore the inner city.
Your experience includes a tour around central Christchurch on New Zealand’s only Open Top Double Decker and a 2 hour Tour on a closed top Double Decker visiting places of interest in greater Christchurch.
During the winter months (June-October) the Open Top bus may not be operating on Tour due to weather.
The Central City Tour will continue to run on the closed roof Double Decker bus.
Full Tour Details
1st November – 30th April
Departs: 9:00am, 10:00am, 11:00am, 12:00pm 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm, 4:00pm
Option of hopping on and off at Sumner or The Tannery (excluding 4pm departure)
All tours depart outside the Canterbury Museum on Rolleston Avenue
Discover Christchurch Highlights Tour
Your full Christchurch Tour experience includes the Central City Tour on the Open Top bus and 2 hours on the closed top double-decker bus.
(children age 5-14yrs)
Under 5′s travel FREE (1 per fare-paying adult)
1 Hour Tour Details
Discover Christchurch Central Tour
A shorter Christchurch Tour experience
- 50 minutes (approximately) on the Open Top Double Decker only
(children age 5-14yrs)
Under 5′s travel FREE (1 per fare-paying Adult)
Note: To redeem GrabOne vouchers, please call our tollfree number 0800 HASSLE FREE (427 753) …. or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Top Bus highlights
- Hagley Park and Antigua Boatsheds
- Botanic Gardens and The River Avon
- Canterbury Museum and Arts Centre
- Christchurch Art Gallery
- Provincial Chambers
- Catholic Basilica
- Bridge of Remembrance and Friendship Corner
- Cashel St ReStart Shipping Container Mall
- Christchurch Cathedral and new Cardboard Cathedral
- Art Deco New Regent Street
- AMI Stadium
And much, much more!
Closed Top Bus highlights
- Picturesque Seaside Sumner – Visit the quaint seaside village of Sumner, here you will have time to explore the beach while taking in the beautiful views of the sea towards the Southern Alps.
- Port Hills/Sign of the Takahe – Travel up the Port Hills to the sign of the Takahe for breathtaking views overlooking Christchurch City, the Canterbury Plains and the Southern Alps.
- Mona Vale Gardens – At Mona Vale you will enjoy a casual stroll through one of Christchurch’s most famous and spectacular gardens.
Pick up Location
Rolleston Ave, outside Canterbury Museum
View Larger Map
Local Christchurch Guides
We have a fantastic team of local Guides who are passionate about Christchurch, its history and the rebuild and restoration of the city. Our team offers a world class experience for each and every one of our guests.