Join us on the Lord of the Rings Tour and journey to the LOTR filming location: remote and beautiful Mt Potts high country station, home of Mt Sunday. See how this peaceful mountain was transformed into Edoras, the capital city of the Rohan people in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Immerse yourself in the natural, unspoilt beauty of this breathtaking area with its sparkling clear lakes, glistening blue rivers and fresh, crisp mountain air.
Tour price includes pick up and drop off from your central Christchurch accommodation and a delicious picnic lunch.
Departs: Christchurch at 9.00am. Methven at 10.45am*
Duration: Christchurch – 8.5 hours. Methven 5.5 hours
- Exciting 4WD adventure through several small streams and right onto Edoras itself.
Take a short guided walk to stand on the summit of Edoras and enjoy as Eowyn did, the breathtaking 360º views.
- Behind the scenes photos of Edoras under construction – exclusive to us!
See the Misty Mountains and the area that formed the backdrop to Helms Deep.
- Enjoy a delicious champagne picnic lunch.
- Informative and entertaining commentary from our local Kiwi guides.
- Handle movie replicas – Aragorn’s Sword, King Theoden’s Sword, Gimli’s Axe, Gandalf’s Staff and Flag of Rohan.
- Selection of merchandise available for purchase.
- See for yourself why the actors and crew fell in love with this stunning location.