Hassle-free Tours is privately owned by Mark and Nikki Gilbert and has been operating since early 2003.
Hassle-free Tours specialise in offering unique day tours from Christchurch into the breathtaking Canterbury high country. The Lord of the Rings Tour visits one of the most spectacular and recognisable locations from the Lord of the Rings trilogy – Edoras. The 4WD Jetboat Adventure combines the excitement and thrill of 4-wheel-driving and jetboating as does the Alpine Safari Tour which also includes the world famous TranzAlpine Train. Each tour is lead by one of Hassle-free Tour’s informative and entertaining Kiwi guides and utlise a fleet of custom built vehicles. Group sizes are kept deliberately small (maximum 18 people), however we do have the capacity to handle large groups.
The inspiration for the business came from Nikki and Mark’s extensive travelling during their OE when they realised that some of the most spectacular scenery they had seen in the world was back home in New Zealand. After doing some research from their flat in London they packed their bags and travelled home to New Zealand to start their next adventure – Hassle-free Tours!
Nikki and Mark believe a tour is more than just seeing the scenery it’s about the whole experience and the business is driven by their mission statement:
Today the business has grown from just Mark and Nikki and one vehicle to now employing up to seven staff and operating a fleet of eight vehicles. Every year the company takes thousands of satisfied customers from all around the world on unique small group tours into the Canterbury high country in the breathtaking Southern Alps of New Zealand.
Hassle-free Tours operates its entire fleet on Biodiesel to minimize its carbon emissions.
More About Hassle Free Tours..
- In November 2007 Hassle-free Tours’ conservation efforts were recognised by the New Zealand government when it received a Parliamentary Congratulations for being the first tour company in New Zealand to convert its entire fleet to Biodiesel.
- In May 2008 Hassle-free Tours was announced as a finalist in two categories of the Tourism Awards. It is the first time Hassle-free Tours has entered the prestigious awards and look forward to the results in August.
- In July 2008, Mark was also announced as a PATA Young Tourism Professional award finalist.
- In October 2012, Mark was awarded the 2012 PATA Young Tourism Entrepreneur Award
- Hassle-free Tours has been recognised as one of New Zealand’s leading tourism businesses by being licensed to carry the Qualmark™ – New Zealand tourism’s official mark of quality..